Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Debby's Tuesday Teaser

"So where does this leave us? Why do I need this man at all? I need him only because I happen to adore him, because his company gives me gladness and comfort, and because, as a friend's grandfather once put it, "Sometimes life is too hard to be alone and sometimes life is too good to be alone."  The same goes for Felipe: He needs me only for my companionship as well.  Seems like a lot, but it isn't much at all; it is only love.  And a love based-marriage does not guarantee the lifelong binding contract of a clan-based marriage or an asset-based marriage; it cannot.  By unnerving definition, anything that the heart has chosen for its own mysterious reasons it can always unchoose later - again, for its own mysterious reasons."

page 80 Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert (a sequel to Eat, Pray, Love)

No comments:

Post a Comment