Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Good books!

Hi Book Club friends!

I have read some fun books lately that were interesting and different and I thought I would pass this list along to those of you who are headed to the beach or something and need a stack of good books to read!  First is Language of Flowers, which Liz will post on here as our new read for August 26th.   But here are a few others:

1.  Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore.  This is slightly mysterious and nerdy but totally fun.

2.  The Elegance of  a Hedgehog.  This one is a little different but it is French and Dari, you won't like the ending, but it was thought-provoking and a unique story and about people and how they interact.

3.  The Night Circus.  This is magical and romantic and mysterious too.

4.  The Constant Princess.  This is about Katherine of Aragon being married to Henry VIII.  I love all of Phillipa Gregory books but this one is my favorite.  Just good old fashion royal English historical fiction and I love it.

5.  Hannah Swensen books by Joanne Fluke.  These are all very fluffy murder mystery books and the main character owns a bakery so the are also filled with recipes.  Great beach books!

6.  The Silent Governess.  Just a light read that was interesting and again, a bit mysterious.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading the Hannah Swenson books. My mom got me reading them when I would go visit her. We would try some of the recipes too. I'm actually reading one now, Red Velvet Cupcake Murder.

    ReplyDelete