Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dari's Teaser Tuesday


"Where much is given, much is required," Professor Andrus repeated, "and I've one more suggestion. Believe beyond your doubts. What was it you used to say to me all the time about your fanciful creations?"
"I can paint whatever I imagine and believe whatever I paint," Thomas replied.
"How much more powerful might it be if belief came before imagination? I appreciate that may be difficult, given 'the comfortable ambiguity of agnosticism'!" He repeated the expression Thomas had used.
"Acknowledge that your talent is a gift from God and thank him for it. Ask for his help so you can perform at the extreme edge of your ability. Even if you are unable to believe," Professor Andrus said finally, "at least open yourself to the possibility of the divine beauty your masterwork deserves."
The rim of golden light on the old man's face, the quiet resonance of his voice, the dark pools of his eyes and unguarded sharing of things most personal caused a stirring within Thomas. A swelling warmth. The inner voice. A quiet grove.
What was happening?

The Evolution of Thomas Hall by Keith Merrill pg. 294

No comments:

Post a Comment